Instructions and Criteria
Due Date for Submissions
February 28, 2021
• Nominees are eligible in ONE category only.
• Nominees must have served in the past year in the capacity for which they are being nominated.
• Each nomination must include the Nomination Form.
• Each nomination must include a Letter of Support – maximum one page.
• Photos or videos of the volunteer activity or event are welcome.
• Judges may know nothing about the nominee or organization, so “sell” the judges on why your nominee should win. Give specific examples, personal comments and include quotes.
• Receipt of the Nomination Form will be acknowledged via email.
• Incomplete Nomination Forms and/or incorrect Letters of Support will not be judged.
This award reflects work that has increased the public’s awareness of PWS from distributing PWS brochures at a garage sale, to having PWS displayed on a sports arena Jumbotron, to writing articles that are published or widely distributed, etc.
This award reflects work that has provided some type of support to one family or a hundred families.
This award reflects work that has in some way progressed research efforts.
This award reflects work that has in some way educated families, professionals, or persons with PWS.
This award reflects advocacy work such as in the school, residential, or work setting, to passing legislation.
- INDIVIDUAL This award reflects work that has raised funds for PWSA (USA)
- CHAPTER This award reflects work that a PWSA (USA) Chapter or Affiliate has done to raise funds for PWSA (USA)
This award reflects work that a PWSA (USA) Chapter or Affiliate has done that is worthy of special recognition.