Supporting Research That Makes Each Today a Better Tomorrow
Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA) is pleased to offer grant assistance for scientific researchers with an interest in improving the lives of those with Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS). PWSA (USA) is seeking to fund projects for a maximum of $100,000 total per project for a 1 to 2-year grant support aimed at discovering and developing treatments and technologies benefiting those with Prader-Willi syndrome.
The current focus of PWSA (USA) research is supporting projects that have the potential for immediate and high impact for the PWS community. Therefore, PWSA (USA) will support research-based translational grants or those showing high promise for translating basic biomedical knowledge to clinical application. The goal is to fast-track better treatment for the syndrome.
At PWSA (USA) we work to integrate what we have learned about the needs of our families through our support programs — with research that we think will make an important and practical difference in the lives of those affected by PWS, thus the following topics will be the focus area for grants accepted and will receive priority rating for this request for application (RFA):
- Alternative methods in the provision of care in PWS i.e.: Continuum of Care, telehealth projects.
- Behavior and Psychiatric issues i.e.; medication management, new treatment therapies.
- Gastrointestinal issues i.e.; constipation, hyperphagia issues.
- Respiratory issues; Sleep and airway evaluation, RSV inoculation.
- Efficacy of growth hormone use in PWS; adults and children
- Skin issues i.e. Picking
- Cardiovascular issues i.e.; Incidence and pathology of thromboemboli and cardiopulmonary failure in adults with PWS.
Click HERE to learn more about grant submission guidelines.