PWSA | USA Employment Opportunities
Join Our Team!
At PWSA | USA, our work is driven by a commitment to enhancing the lives of individuals affected by Prader-Willi syndrome. We are a tight-knit team of professionals who share a common goal: to empower and support those facing the challenges of this rare genetic disorder.
Working with us means more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to be part of a compassionate community that makes a real difference. As an organization, we value creativity, collaboration, and a passion for creating positive change.
What sets PWSA | USA apart is our inclusive and supportive work environment. We foster a culture where your contributions are recognized, and your ideas are valued. By joining our team, you’ll be part of a collective effort to transform challenges into opportunities and create a better future for those we serve.
If you are ready to make a meaningful impact and be part of a dedicated team, we encourage you to explore the current job opportunities listed below. Your skills and passion could be the missing piece to further strengthen our mission.
Director of Accounting
Classification: 30 hours per week, remote
We’re currently seeking a qualified professional to join our team as the Director of Accounting. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the operation and management of the accounting information and control department. Key responsibilities include reviewing and scrutinizing financial information, ensuring adherence to set deadlines, assisting with annual program budgets, assessing organizational progress against the budget, and managing monthly and annual close processes on an accrual basis. If you have a strong background in accounting and are meticulous in adhering to guidelines and procedures, we invite you to explore this opportunity further. Click below for additional details about this position.
RESUME SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED: To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29, 2024.
Classification: Full time, remote
PWSA | USA is seeking a passionate and motivated individual to join our team as Development Specialist. The individual in this newly created position will be an important supporting role in PWSA | USA’s growing development team, focusing on special projects as well as cultivating and soliciting grassroots support for our efforts. With an emphasis on strategies and tactics to welcome and grow new and current donors this entry level role provides support to the organization’s development operation both strategically and administratively. This person will manage the logistics and peer fundraising coaching for our newly launched Just Giving P2P platform and the creation of custom forms for our DIY events on the Raiser’s Edge Events Module. In addition, this individual will manage small project grants, online auctions, solicitation campaigns, recurring donation initiatives and cause marketing/merchandising. Additional administrative responsibilities include producing donor acknowledgements, updating donor actions/notes, and assigning appropriate stewardship activities in Raiser’s Edge. Click below for additional details about this position.
RESUME SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED: To apply, email your resume to email@example.com by February 29, 2024. No phone calls please.
We know that many of you want to make a difference in the lives of our PWS Community – and we have the perfect opportunity if you, or one of your family or friends, are a CPA. Below, you will find the full description of and needs that come with this volunteer position.
- The treasurer is an officer of PWSA | USA, elected by the Board of Directors to serve a one-year term, with no limit on the number of terms, serving as an ex officio (voting) member of the Board.
- Attends bimonthly Board of Directors meetings on Zoom with one in-person meeting per year. Presents prepared financial reports to the board and answers questions as needed.
- Works closely with the CEO and accounting firm to ensure good financial planning, decision-making, and sound fiscal policies. Ensures that appropriate internal controls, financial management policies and financial records are maintained.
- Serves as Chair of the Finance Committee which meets eight (8) times per year on the third *Wednesday of the month at 10:00 EST*. Four (4) of these meetings are scheduled for 30 minutes and the other four (4) are 60 minutes as they include the quarterly investment review with the investment advisor. The treasurer prepares the agenda and takes the minutes during the meeting.
- Meets monthly with the CEO, accounting firm and bookkeeper to review the financial results. Reviews investment statements, bank statements and approves the bank reconciliation.
- Serves on the Executive Committee which meets twice per month on Fridays 10a EST.
- Works with the accounting firm to continue to refine the financial procedures and reporting utilizing Blackbaud’s Financial Edge. The goal is to continue to improve reporting by program, allocations of expenses, etc.
- Reviews the annual budget prepared by the CEO, accounting firm and staff before submission to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Participates in the annual audit and Form 990 process to ensure completion on a timely basis.
- Qualifications: Must have knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping procedures, preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Knowledge of nonprofit accounting and experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge accounting system would be a plus.
- Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
* The Finance Committee meeting current day and times can be adjusted to meet schedule needs of this position*
If you are interested in this position or would like further information, please email Mrupnow@pwsausa.org. Thank you for your consideration!