Join PWSA | USA for our July Advocacy in Action webinar: Effective Communication with Elected Officials and Stakeholders - A Virtual Roundtable and Panel Discussion
When: July 25, 2022 at 2:00PM EST
Register in advance here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_W4pZ9Q34R3GoO9HdBpmMbg
PWSA | USA is excited to bring you this Virtual Roundtable and Panel Discussion on Effective Communication with Elected Officials and Stakeholders. The ability to work with elected officials and stakeholders is one of the most important skills that advocates must employ. Join us on July 25th to hear directly from elected officials and their staff, and explore some of the basic dos and don’ts when engaging with your elected officials. See below for a list of questions our panelists will be addressing:
- What made you decide to run for office?
- How do you prefer your constituents contact you? Why?
- What are some common misconceptions people have about elected officials and how can we combat these misconceptions to communicate more effectively?
- What is the best/most effective way to engage with an elected official on social media?
- Is your staff important and how should we engage with staff?
- What is the number one way we, as constituents and advocates, can make a substantial difference in our communities?
- What is one piece of practical advice you would give to someone who is reaching out to their elected official for the first time?
State Sen. Ana Maria Rodriguez, FL
U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, MN – Legislative Assistant Ruth McDonald
State House Delegate Emily Shetty, MD
State Rep. Maureen Mooney, NE
U.S. Sen. John Boozman, AR
The information provided during this panel discussion will help those planning to attend PWSA | USA's 2022 D.C. Fly-In event. Learn more about the Fly-In and apply to attend by clicking HERE.