Each March many of us play the office or neighborhood pool in hopes of making the big score and winning bragging rights for the next year. This year you can make the big hit and help families affected by Prader-Willi syndrome deal with the many complications of living with PWS on a daily basis!
The pool will be played just like any other pool, except the winners will split the pot with the Private Foundation of Maryland, which will donate 100% of proceeds, to the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA). Our goal this year is to fund the salary of one of the part-time counselors at the Prader-Willi SYndrome Association-USA. These counselors provide support for families dealinf withe the many problems of Prader-Willi syndrome.
Entry fee is $30.
- $10 goes into the Play the Pool for PWS
- o First, second, and third place in the pool receive 60%, 30%, and 10% respectively of the entire pool.
- $17 goes to fund the awareness and education efforts of Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA).
- $ 3 pays for the expenses of running the pool
Here’s how to play-
Send an entry from any source, newspaper, ESPN. MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR POOL NAME AND YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS WITH YOUR ENTRY.
- By Fax to 410-321-8527
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Register as a user at www.poolhost.com.
- Click on “College Bracket Challenge”
- Click on “Play Now”
- Click on “Get Started” NOTE- If you played last year yourUser name and Password will be tied to your email and should automatically come up.
- Complete your information. Make sure to set up a user name that is familiar and known to you.
An email from the site host “Admin PoolHost.com” will be sent to you with a password for access back into the site.
- Return to www.poolhost.com
- Login with the password provided by Poolhost.
- You will then be required to change the password to your personal password
- Click on the orange ‘Join a Private Pool’ button.
- Choose College Bracket Challenge.
- Enter the Pool ID: pwsausa
- Enter the pool password; hunger
- Click on “Picks” in the orange drop down menu.
- Click “Make Picks”
- Enter picks by region
- Click on the green “Save Picks” button
The Pool Closes at Noon on March 17. So make sure to get your entry in by that deadline!
Here’s How to pay- Either
- Mail a check to The Private Foundation of Maryland 300 Allegehny Ave. Baltimore MD 21204 or
- Buy a ticket through this “Event Brite” website by clicking on the ATTEND EVENT button
That’s it and you’re in! Good Luck
Help us increase our fundraising for PWS and pass this around to you friends, co-workers and March Madness fans! Donations above and beyond the entry fee are always welcome and go 100% to support salary of one of the part-time counselors at teh Prader-Will Syndrome Association-USA. These counselors provide support for families dealing with the many problems of Prader-Willi syndrome.
For more information on Prader-Willi syndrome click the following link
- For a Good Morning America presentation about Kate Kane http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8222023
- For a copy of a Washington Post article about Kate and PWS http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/19/AR2009061902546.html