Our Family Support Program can assist with information about residential placement options for a person with PWS. Some states do not have PWS specific programs so, if that is the case, you may decide to explore out of state residential placement. Obtaining funding for out of state placements is a difficult challenge in most states. For support in this process, please contact a Family Support Counselor.

Once you’ve found an appropriate placement, the next critical task is to maintain a good working relationship with placement staff so that you can work together to maximize the quality of life for your loved one in placement.  Dr.  B.J. Goff has created some good tips for parent and providers to support each other in the process of problem solving for a resident with PWS.  Dr. Goff also wrote Supporting Adult with PWS in a Residential Setting which is a terrific training resource for providers.  A companion video to go with the book is also available.