Give the Gift of Hope: 2023 Angel Drive
November 1 - December 31
As children, we always remember our favorite gifts bestowed at holiday times: a shiny red bike, a beloved doll, a new baseball glove. These gifts and the loved ones who gave them to us are forever etched in our memories now and always.
As the holiday season begins and the new year approaches, PWSA | USA is grateful for your continued gifts of support and engagement. Together, we work to tackle issues critical to our PWS community:
- PWSA | USA is helping to expand the knowledgebase of Health Care Providers through ECHO 4 PWS. We are proud to be the first PWS organization to implement Project ECHO® in the U.S.
- We’re partnering with pharmaceutical companies and the FDA to help advance PWS clinical trials, specifically for sleep-related issues and hyperphagia (insatiable hunger) treatments.
- In June 2023, PWSA | USA hosted the largest attended National Convention to date, with nearly 1,000 guests in attendance. In addition, 350 people attended the historic FDA Externally-Led Patient-Focused Drug Development Meeting (EL-PFDD).
- 60 of our volunteer advocates have participated in more than 150 meetings with elected officials to raise awareness and enact change. We are proud to say these efforts led a Congressional Resolution declaring May 15th as National PWS Awareness Day.
- Our Family Support team responded to 3,447 requests for support.
- We launched the Building Our Social Skills (BOSS) curriculum for teens and adults living with PWS.
Help be a positive force in our work and propel this momentum forward by Giving the Gift of HOPE to ensure we can continue TAKING ACTION in the new year! Whether it’s working with volunteer advocates to raise our voices with legislators in Washington, D.C. about issues that matter most or helping you navigate the challenges associated with PWS, your year-end, tax-deductible gift ensures that PWSA | USA can continue to provide HOPE to families 24/7/365!