- This event has passed.
11th International Prader-Willi Syndrome Organisation (IPWSO) Conference 2022
July 6, 2022 - July 10, 2022
It is now time for the global PWS community to come together, to reconnect – it is time to share knowledge and understanding, share research and expertise. We’re all in this together and it is time to get together in Ireland!
IPWSO 2022 – Call for Abstracts: Clinical and Scientific Conference 7 & 8 July 2022, University of Limerick, Ireland.
The IPWSO 2022 Clinical and Scientific Conference is calling for abstracts for presentations to be submitted for the Conference on July 7 and 8, 2022 at the University of Limerick, Limerick City, Ireland.
The Clinical and Scientific Conference aims to include reports of advances in clinical research in the basic and behavioral sciences and in neurosciences with the aim of advancing our knowledge of Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) and thereby improving our understanding and developing new treatments for people with PWS. The Conference includes invited speakers from relevant fields of science outside of PWS and is truly interdisciplinary in nature. Guidelines and details about submitting your abstract can be found here. The closing date is February 5, 2022.
Desired topics include, but are not limited to:
- Genetics and Epigenetics
- Advances in Genetics in PWS
- Epigenetics: influences on brain development and behavior
- Endocrinology (Growth Hormone, Oxytocin, Ghrelin, etc.)
- Hormonal studies
- Recent advances in Endocrinology in Adults with PWS
- Gastrointestinal Issues and Nutrition
- Comprehensive Overview of Digestive Issues in PWS
- Chewing, swallowing, reflux, and aspiration
- Neuroscience, Mental Health and Behaviour
- Brain structure and function in people with PWS
- Approaches to understanding mental health and behaviour (the IPWSO Mental Health Initiative)
- New findings and treatment approaches to hyperphagia and behaviour
- Recent Advances and New Knowledge in Medical Issues (including Orthopaedics, Urinary Tract etc.)
- Overview and Evaluation: Infants, Children, Adolescents and Adults with PWS
- The Orthopaedics of PWS
- Animal Models & Use of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells in PWS
- Insights into mood and psychosis in PWS
- The hypothalamus and its connections
- Clinical Trials for Hyperphagia and Behaviour
- The early PWS phenotype
- Fetal and placenta development
- Transition to Adulthood
- Hormone replacement therapy
Visit the IPWSO 2022 website for further information about the full Conference Program, Keynote Speakers, Online Registration, Accommodation and booking your travel.