In response to the challenges facing PWSA(USA) and our members in the
current economic climate, we are taking a new approach to conferences
and educational opportunities in the near term.
- In 2009, we will offer expanded conference programming for
scientists and providers, but no general, family-focused conference.
- We are also developing a new webinar education series for
families, scheduled to begin in Spring 2009.
Details on 2009 conference and webinar series
are listed below.
Although we are excited about finding new ways to meet our members’
needs for information and networking, we recognize and share your
concerns about not having a family-focused conference in 2009. Please
know that we have not made this decision lightly, and that the current
plan represents our best effort to serve the needs of our PWS family
while making fiscally responsible use of the resources available to us.
PWSA (USA) 2009 CONFERENCE: JUNE 3 – 5, 2009, in
- Focused on expanding scientific and provider programs and
accelerating a solution to hyperphagia
- Wednesday, June 3rd: Clinical, Scientific and Care Providers
Advisory Board Meetings
- Thursday, June 4th: PWS Scientific Conference and Care
- Friday, June 5th: Care Providers Conference half day, Multi-disorder, collaborative meeting on
- Parents are welcome as observers to the PWS Scientific Day and ˝
day Hyperphagia Day meetings
WEBINARS: Beginning Spring 2009
- A four-part educational series on topics of interest to all age
groups, available via the web for a minimal participant fee
- The first webinar will be offered Spring 2009
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Registration fees for Conference and YIP/YAP programs don’t
begin to cover the actual costs of putting on a family-focused
conference. If you’d like to see these programs continue, please
consider holding a fundraiser and/or donating to PWSA(USA) to
- Planning and financing conferences are monumental tasks,
requiring hundreds of hours of staff and volunteer time. Please
consider volunteering for our conference committee and/or
volunteering your time at a conference.