Prader-Willi Syndrome On The Move℠ is a national awareness campaign that aims to:
- Raise awareness of Prader-Willi syndrome, the most common known genetic cause of obesity, which also causes a host of other health and development challenges.
- Grow support for the PWS community as a whole and the national Prader-Willi Syndrome Association that supports those individuals.
- Raise funds to support research and programs that improve quality of life for those who have PWS.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of those with PWS through physical activity—an integral part of living sucessfully with the syndrome.
- By using the examples of those living with PWS, inspire the general population to make healthier lifestyle choices.
- Serve as a reminder that there are genetic influences affecting obesity.
To accomplish these goals, PWSA chapters and individuals across the country will be organizing events such as marathons, walks, exercise pledges, and other group physical activities designed to bring people together in a fun, healthful, and proactive way to support each other, increase awareness of PWS, and raise funds for programs and research. If you'd like to get on board planning your own event, contact us at email@example.com or (800) 926-4797 for access to the "Resources for Planners" tab above, where you'll find all you need to get started.
If you're not planning an event but you'd still like to be involved, see our News and Events tabs for updates on upcoming events—hopefully there will be one in your area! And even if there isn't, you can stay connected to On The Move℠ through Facebook and our other online presences, or you can purchase On The Move℠ merchandise to help us spread the word. See the sidebar at the right of this page for links to PWSA's other online resources.
Thanks for your support!