> About PWS
About PWSA (USA)
Board of Directors
Adults with PWS
> Medical Alert
Scientific Advisory Board
Clinical Advisory Board
> For Educators
Links and Resources
AWARENESS AND THE MEDIA
Get Prader-Willi in the News! Contact editors of your local media
including feature, news and health editors. Use these tools to help...
When creating your media contact list, remember to
include increasingly popular Web casts.
MESSAGING ON PWS
The Four Most Important Key Messages:
- Prader-Willi syndrome is the most common known genetic cause of life
threatening obesity in children.
- Prader-Willi syndrome is a life-long condition and currently there is no
- Research on Prader-Willi syndrome is the window of opportunity to
finding the cure for ALL obesity.
- You can make a difference by becoming a financial supporter or volunteer
for PWSA (USA). Your support is critical to fund research and generate
awareness so families can receive a diagnosis and education early in their
|Other Key Messages:
- PWS is a non-inherited genetic disorder of chromosome 15 which causes
children to have a constant sense of hunger, slower metabolic rates,
learning disabilities, speech issues, and weak muscle tone.
- PWS occurs in approximately 1 out of every 12-,000-15,000 births and
equally affects both males and females and all ethnic backgrounds.
- PWS symptoms are caused by a dysfunction of the hypothalamus in the
brain which regulates hunger and many other systems in the body. Individuals
with PWS feel hungry most (if not all) of the time and yet can only eat
about half the calories of an average person.
- Together, we can work to make this the first generation of children with
PWS who do not have to spend their lifetime suffering from constant hunger.
- An early diagnosis saves lives. You can make a difference. Please help
our children be healthy, happy and free from hunger.
Times - find contact information of all newspapers, TV, radio stations
in the world. You can send an e-mail, fax or mail your press releases.
Here for tools you can use
Call PWSA (USA) at 1-800-926-4797 to order useful DVD and